Ambition to Start – £1000 start-up grant
Our Ambition to Start grant is for businesses with the ambition to hire at least one full-time employee within the next 24 months.
Ambition to Start can help you get your business up and running with grants up to a maximum of £1000. This can be used to cover start-up costs including capital expenditure and working capital.
If you can tick all four conditions below, Ambition to Start is the grant for you:
- You have an idea for a new business and the Ambition to Start
- You have met with one of our Business Advisers
- You have the ability and ambition to employ one full-time person in addition to yourself in the next 24 months
- Your business will be based in South Ayrshire.
To secure grant funding, you’ll need to produce a business plan and financial projections. We can help you do this through Ambition to Achieve. For more information, ask your Business Adviser.
Once you’re ready to employ, Ambition to Employ will be there to support you, providing an Employment Consultant and a grant of £500 per new employee. See the Ambition to Employ page for full details.
What happens next?
- Simply register here
- Complete an Enquiry via the Ambition to Start section and we’ll be in touch soon to discuss the next steps.
The Small Print
- All grants are subject to South Ayrshire Council’s Standard Terms & Conditions
- Grants are discretionary and South Ayrshire Council reserves the right to refuse any grant at its sole discretion. The Council reserves the right to vary the amount of grant at its sole discretion.
- Where applications have any amounts owing to South Ayrshire Council, this will be taken into consideration in determining grant eligibility.
- The provision of false information may lead to prosecution.
- Grants can only be paid into business bank accounts.
- Written approval of the grant must be received before any expenditure is made.
- Award of grant will be conditional on the applicant(s) proving that they comply with all the current statutory employment and related legislation.
- Grants are provided on condition that the business meets the requirements laid out below –
- 1. Within two years the business employs one permanent full-time employee, in addition to the business owner, at minimum wage or above.
- 2. Employment must be on the basis of no less than 35 hours per week for a minimum period of 6 months, paying at least minimum wage.
- 3. Companies failing to meet the above conditions will be liable to repay any funds awarded through this programme to the business in full.