£1,000 Start up grant
The aim of this scheme is to support you in getting your business up and running. Grants can be provided up to a maximum of £1000.
If you tick all four this grant is for you
- You have an idea for a new business and the ambition to get it started.
- You have the ability and ambition to employee one new full-time position in the next 24 months.
- You have the ability and ambition to grow your turnover by £120,000 in the next 36 months.
- Your business will be based in South Ayrshire.
How do you do it?
Complete an online enquiry form
Meet an Adviser
Produce business plan & financial projections
Submit for approval
What will you need when you meet your Adviser?
Your idea (if you have already produced a business plan please bring this with you).
One form of photographic ID and a utility bill or other proof of address.
What can you use the grant for?
Start-up costs including capital expenditure and working capital.
How do you claim your grant?
Submit the following information to the Business Adviser :-
- Details of business bank account
- Signed Grant Agreement
Grants will be paid by BACS directly into your Business Account.
The Small Print!
- All grants are subject to South Ayrshire Council’s Standard Terms & Conditions
- Grants are discretionary and South Ayrshire Council reserves the right to refuse any grant at its sole discretion. The Council reserves the right to vary the amount of grant at its sole discretion.
- Where applications have any amounts owing to South Ayrshire Council, this will be taken into consideration in determining grant eligibility.
- The provision of false information may lead to prosecution.
- Grants can only be paid into business bank accounts.
- Grants are provided on condition that the business meet the requirements laid out below –
The Business employ one full-time employee at minimum wage or above.
Employment must be on the basis of no less than 30 hours per week for a minimum period of 6 months.
Companies failing to meet the above conditions will be liable to repay any funds awarded through this programme to the business in full.