Town Centre Collective Grant
Projects must demonstrate through collaboration, how the group will access new customers and markets, add vibrancy to the area, increase their reach and grow revenues. Project applications are welcome from groups of five or more town centre retailers where it can be established that the project concerned is likely to deliver economic impact to the local economy. Project objectives can include:
- Co-operative development and training
- Ecommerce development
- Advertising and promotional campaigns aimed at customers outwith the South Ayrshire area
- Consumer research projects
- Design and development of a new website
- Trade events and exhibition attendance
*Please note that Capital expenditure and working capital are not eligible.
A maximum grant of £10,000 can be awarded with 50% intervention. Applicants should note that for larger grants, we may require a business plan or marketing plan. Should this be the case we will inform you once we have carried out a preliminary appraisal of your application.
How do you do it?
- Submit an online application form
- Meet an Adviser
Working together allows individual businesses to generate efficiencies by sharing the cost of resources such as equipment and staff and by pulling resources to create larger marketing and promotional campaigns than could be achieved individually. The following video provides some examples of the benefits of collaborative working.
The Collective Grant can be used to support the development of co-operative groups which can create enhanced economic impact through collective working within the retail sector in South Ayrshire. A maximum grant of £10,000 can be awarded with 50% intervention.
For more information, please contact Rachel McCallum Tel 01292 616265
Check out the video here.
The Small Print
- Grants are discretionary and South Ayrshire Council reserves the right to refuse any grant at its sole discretion. The Council reserves the right to vary the amount of grant at its sole discretion.
- Where applications have any amounts owing to South Ayrshire Council, this will be taken into consideration in determining grant eligibility.
- The VAT element of the project costs are not eligible for grant assistance.
- Award of grant will be conditional on the applicant(s) proving that they comply with all current statutory employment and related legislation.
- Written approval of the Grant must be received before any expenditure is made on the project..
- The provision of false information may lead to prosecution.>